The project consisted of the channelization of the Guayanilla River for the control of flooding in the Guayanilla flood plain. Some major items where the excavation and dewatering for a diversion channel and main river channels. Included in the contract where various types of stone revetment, filter materials and core stones which had to be mechanically processed at a quarry location 20 miles away.
CHANNELIZATION OF RIO GUAYANILLA, GUAYANILLA
- Clearing and grubbing of 30 acres.
- Excavation and construction of diversion channel.
- Excavation and construction of the main river channel.
- In all combined earthworks, project totaled just over 650,000 cubic yards.
- Over 40,000 tons and 18,000 cubic yards of various stones and filter materials which had to be mechanically processed by various methods at a separate quarry located 33 km away from the project.
- Monitoring of water quality (turbidity testing).
- Wetland mitigation.